Three Navy Seals face court martial for capturing a top most wanted terrorist and he received a bloody lip. Read that full story here. ***PLEASE SIGN PETITION to dismiss charges against the Navy Seals
U.S. troops battle both Taliban and their own rules
The Times compiled an informal list of the new rules from interviews with U.S. forces. Among them:
• No night or surprise searches.
• Villagers have to be warned prior to searches.
• *ANA or **ANP must accompany U.S. units on searches.
• U.S. soldiers may not fire at the enemy unless the enemy is preparing to fire first.
• U.S. forces cannot engage the enemy if civilians are present.
• Only women can search women.
• Troops can fire at an insurgent if they catch him placing an IED but not if insurgents are walking away from an area where explosives have been laid.
And Most absurd of all, Obama and the leftists want terrorists, or enemy combatants, to receive Miranda rights. I cannot say THEIR Miranda Rights, because as American citizens they are OUR Miranda rights. How ludicrous is it for a foreigner, sworn to their government and in battle with our soldiers, to receive the rights in which our soldiers are dying to protect???
There is one little ray of sunshine in the domestic jihad issue.
James S Robbins of the Washington Times writes: Jihadists take note: The insanity defense may not work for you. On Tuesday, Naveed Haq, a self-styled soldier of Islam, was found guilty of aggravated first-degree murder and seven other counts related to a 2006 shooting rampage in Seattle. The prosecution successfully argued that Haq was a jihadi terrorist on a mission for martyrdom; the defense said that just proved he was crazy. Read More
*ANA- Afghan National Army **ANP- Afghan National Police