Thursday, March 4, 2010
The Coffee Party: A "Progressive" Brew
Update: CAUTION! My last visit to Coffee Party website revealed "malicious software" has been installed...
MISSION: The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.
Above is the mission statement of the Coffee Party Movement (website). Starting as a facebook page February 9, just three weeks ago, the "movement" now has chapters all over the U.S. and, as of the time this article was written, nearly 70,000 followers. A national conference is scheduled.
Join The Coffee Party Movement facebook page was supposedly the brainchild of Annabel Park, 41, from Korea, and supposedly a grassroots effort. Ms Park worked for the Obama campaign. The page was in response to her being "Furious" over the success of the Tea Party Patriots. At first, the page has a very patriotic, 'individual liberty' sort of feel to it. Even after reading some of the "notes" posted to inform people what the group is about, it is flavored with quotes and rhetoric would appeal to any American.
There is quotes from the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence. As you read further back, closer to its induction, the message becomes quite clear: All Americans should have a voice---to defend Barack Obama. It is clearly an Obama cult. It states people should "get out of the way and let the government take care of us."
"Engage the government not as an enemy but as the collective will of the people, push leaders to enact the progressive change for which 52.9 percent of the country voted in 2008." Wait! It gets a lot better...
Like a walk down 'memory lane' with Janeane Garofalo and MSNBC...the whole basis for this movement is to attack anyone who obstructs Obama's plans, and all Tea Party Patriots are racists. There are professional videos, and already appeared on CNN's Morning Show and articles highly promoting it on the CNN Blog. Three weeks! Tea Party had over a million show up in Washington D.C. and barely got a mention.
"A better world is possible — a world where people come before profits. That’s socialism. That’s our vision. We are the Coffee Party Party USA."
The following is a 'call to arms', if you will, pasted (unedited) from a Coffee party post, NOT a public forum, on Feb 9. Let me repeat that for liberals who cannot seem to understand- The following was copied and pasted unedited from administrator only area of the site:
· All community, civic and faith leaders to call on their constituents and congregations to judge the President’s programs in a deliberate and even-handed way, and to ensure they are not unduly influenced by the racial attitudes that many of us were raised with;
· All elected officials to refrain from apocalyptic and incendiary rhetoric that feeds the idea that the Obama Administration is somehow radically different from previous U.S. Administrations, an idea which factually baseless and which is driven by racial myths;
· All media to effectively cover the extent to which the Teapartyists reflect the racial attitudes that they were raised with, as well as to clearly identify those especially despicable individuals who are manipulating ugly emotions and attitudes for political and financial gain;
· All those who support progress towards racial justice to speak up against the Teapartyist phenomenon as the current expression of longstanding racist attitudes in this nation;
· All those who wish to see the President succeed not just to stand by him, but to actively defend all those who are attacked on his behalf, and to actively push for the progressive decisions that can make his Presidency’s accomplishments historic;
· And above all, we call on all Americans to remember that we are united in a nation that is a great and ongoing experiment, that no one guaranteed it would be painless, but that we have the ability, if we so choose, to reject the errors of the past, and rise once more even closer to our centuries old goal of “liberty and justice for all.”
Call to order:
(1)We need to emphasize the racism in the Tea Party movement. It is logical for white people over 55 (I am one) to react intensely to a Black President. Let's keep reminding everyone that many of us were raised in the Jim Crow era, and naturally respond irrationally to a Black President, especially at first.
(2)We need to keep doing our organizing on all our issues. People who have the experience of winning through effective organizing on issues that matter to them will not give any support to the Tea Party movement.
(3)We need to bring out the corruption in Tea Partyism, such as the involvement of the health insurance industry.
(4) We need to defend our own from them. We failed to do this when Van Jones was attacked. We have done a so-so job with ACORN. The main power of the Tea Partyists is negative -- to take down progressive leadership. We must fight hard to take this power away from them.
After researching the premise of the group and its founder, I began warning people of its deception. Initially, I received confused and even argumentative responses. I learned that conservatives were duped into joining the group, as they didn't read beyond the introduction, and thought it was "harmless".
I believe most of the 70,000 joined out of ignorance, "For which it stands." The word progressive is used dozens of times in reference to the government, and "their" leaders. Glenn Beck has been on a "Progressive" kick, as of late. Months ago, Mr Beck was very clear on his stand that Obama was at least a Socialist.
I have heard enough "tags" for what Obama's political stand is to make my nose bleed. From Maoist to Marxist to Progressive...ITS ALL COMMUNISM!!!
"Progressive" is a positive connotation for an evil agenda, much the same as "Pro-choice" is for murder, or genocide. The Nazis gave communism a very bad name. The goal of the U.S. for about seventy years has been to defeat communism all over the world. "Progressive" is just a more politically correct label for those of whom are loyal to the communist ideology. Socialism is merely the 'stepping stones' to communism.
I very much respect Glenn Beck, but, as much as he preaches against "political correctness", his avoiding the truth of Obama's agenda is quite dangerous. The leftists hope to appeal to the uninformed, convincing them capitalism is evil and Conservatives want to deprive them. If we continue to play the politically correct game, America loses.
"Americans will never give up their Capitalism and jump into Communism, but, convince their leaders to feed them a little Socialism at a time, and they will one day awake in Communism."~~~Nikita Khrushchev, former leader of the Soviet Union.
At 1:35 in the following video is Park, supposed creator of Coffee Party, in a group of people chanting "Obama" over and over, as though in a trance